Place:


St Dunstan  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Dunstan like this:

DUNSTAN (St.), a parish in Blean district, Kent; on the river Stour, and on the Canterbury and Whit-stable railway, ¼ of a mile NW of Canterbury. Post town, Canterbury. Acres, 365. Real property, £5, 955. Pop., 1, 520. Houses, 331. The property is much sub-divided. A number of new houses have been erected, and the Clergy Orphan asylum established, since 1851. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £120. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is very good; and there are charities £145. See Canterbury.

St Dunstan through time

St Dunstan is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Dunstan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Dunstan, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6338

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Dunstan ".