Place:


Poulton  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Poulton like this:

POULTON, a parish in Dover district, Kent; 1¾ mile S W of Ewell r. station, and 3¼ W of Dover. Post-town, Dover. Acres, 990. Real property, £648. Pop., 28. Houses, 3. Remains of Bradsole abbey are here; but there is no church. See Bradsole.

Poulton through time

Poulton is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Poulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Poulton, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6319

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Poulton ".