Place:


Oxney  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oxney like this:

OXNEY, a parish in Dover district, Kent; near the Deal and Dover railway, 2 miles N by W of St. Margaret-at-Cliffe, and 5½ N E by W of Dover. Post-town, St. Margaret-at-Cliffe, under Dover. Acres, 313. Pop., 12. Houses, 3. Oxney Court is the seat of W. J. Banks, Esq. There is no church.

Oxney through time

Oxney is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oxney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oxney, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6309

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oxney ".