Place:


Nursted  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nursted like this:

NURSTED, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; ½ a mile N of Meopham r. station, and 4 S by W of Gravesend. Post-town, Meopham, under Gravesend. Acres, 510. Real property, £1, 420. Pop., 57. Houses, 9. Nursted Court belongs to the Edmeades family; is a modernized ancient structure; and was originally a finespecimen of the domestic architecture of the early part of the 14th century. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £230. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Edmeades. The church consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and is good.

Nursted through time

Nursted is now part of Gravesham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gravesham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nursted itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nursted, in Gravesham and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6300

Date accessed: 21st August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nursted ".