Place:


Nackington  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nackington like this:

NACKINGTON, a parish in Bridge district, Kent; on Stane-street, 2¼ miles S by E of Canterbury r. station. Post-town, Canterbury. Acres, 906. Real property, £2, 180. Pop., 165. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Sondes. Nackington House is the seat of Capt. T. Hilton; and Heppington House, of Lieut.-Col. W. J. Morris. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £52. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church comprises an aisle and two chancels, and is good.

Nackington through time

Nackington is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nackington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nackington, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6289

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nackington ".