Place:


Leaveland  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leaveland like this:

LEAVELAND, a parish in Faversham district, Kent; 3¼ miles SW of Selling r. station, and 4¼ S by W of Faversham. Post town, Badlesmere, under Faversham. Acres, 372. Real property, £685. Pop., 94. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to Lord Sondes. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Badlesmere, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church has a wooden turret, and is good.

Leaveland through time

Leaveland is now part of Swale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leaveland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leaveland, in Swale and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6254

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leaveland ".