Place:


East Langdon  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Langdon like this:

LANGDON (EAST), a village and a parish in Dover district, Kent. The village stands near the Deal and Dover railway, 3½ miles NNE of Dover. The parish contains also the hamlet of Marten; and its post-town is Dover. Acres, 1,065. Real property, £2,228. Pop., 362. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £126. * Patron, the Earl of Guilford. The church comprises nave, small aisle, and chancel.

East Langdon through time

East Langdon is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Langdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Langdon, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6251

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Langdon ".