Place:


Kingston  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingston like this:

KINGSTONE, a parish in Bridge district, Kent; on an affluent of the river Stour, 2½ miles S of Beaksbourne r. station, and 5 SE of Canterbury. Post town, Canterbury. Acres, 1, 525. Real property, £2, 227. Pop., 273. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £500. * Patron, Sir J. W. E. Bridges, Bart. The church is good..

Kingston through time

Kingston is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingston, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6249

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingston ".