Place:


Reymerston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Reymerston like this:

REYMERSTON, a parish, with a village, in Mitford district, Norfolk; 1½ mile S W of Thuxton r. station, and 5¼ S S E of East Dereham. Post-town, Hingham, under Attleborough. Acres, 1, 599. Real property, £3,099. Pop., 321. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. Old Manor Hall belongs to B. Gurdon, Esq.; and New Hall is the seat of G. L. Press, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £338.* Patron, B. Gurdon, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £42.

Reymerston through time

Reymerston is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Reymerston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Reymerston, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6209

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Reymerston ".