In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Benthall like this:
BENTHALL, a parish in Madeley district, Salop; near the river Severn, 2 miles NE of Much-Wenlock r. station. Post Town, Much-Wenlock, under Wellington. Acres, 824. Real property, £1,704. Pop., 499. Houses, 102. The property is all in one estate. Lime spars are found; and potteries are carried on. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £93. Patron, the Vicar of Much-Wenlock. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Benthall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bridgnorth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Benthall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Benthall, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Benthall".