Place:


Radbourne  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radbourne like this:

RADBOURNE, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 4¾ miles W of Derby r. station. It has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 2,034. Real property, £3, 447. Pop., 225. Houses, 45. The manor belonged to the Walkelynes; passed to the Chandoses and the Poles; and, with R. ...


Hall, belongs now to E. S.Pole, Esq. The parish is a meet for the Hoar Cross hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £372.* Patron, E. S.Pole, Esq. The church was repaired in 1844; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with pinnacled tower; and contains an ancient font, curious oak-carving, and some splendidancient monuments. Charities, £16.

Radbourne through time

Radbourne is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radbourne in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6196

Date accessed: 24th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Radbourne ".