Place:


Cockley Cley  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cockley Cley like this:

COCKLEY-CLEY, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on an affluent of the river Wissey, 4 miles SW by S of Swaffham r. station. Post town, Swaffham. Acres, 4, 312. Real property, £1, 708. Pop., 263. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. Cockley-Cley House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £158. Patron, T. R. Buckworth, Esq. The church is early English and good: and there are charities £16.

Cockley Cley through time

Cockley Cley is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cockley Cley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cockley Cley, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6165

Date accessed: 20th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cockley Cley ".