Place:


Stow cum Quy  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stow Cum Quy like this:

STOW-CUM-QUY, a parish in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 2¾ miles SE of Waterbeach r. station, and 5 ENE of Cambridge. It has a post-office, of the name of Quy, under Cambridge. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £3,080. Pop., 368. Houses, 80. The manor, with Quy Hall, belongs to Francis, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £52. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £16. Jeremy Collier was a native.

Stow cum Quy through time

Stow Cum Quy is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stow Cum Quy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stow cum Quy in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6164

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stow Cum Quy ".