Place:


Burmarsh  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burmarsh like this:

BURMARSH, a parish in Romney-Marsh district, Kent; on the coast, adjacent to the Military canal, 3 miles SSW of Western hanger r. station, and 4 SW by W of Hythe. Post Town, Dymchurch, under Folkestone. Acres, 1,796. Real property, £4,612. Pop., 170. Houses, 32. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £220. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Burmarsh through time

Burmarsh is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burmarsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burmarsh, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6155

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burmarsh ".