Place:


Jordanston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Jordanston like this:

JORDANSTON, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; 4½ miles SW of Fishguard, and 11 NW of Clarbeston Road r. station. Post town, Fishguard, under Haverfordwest. Acres, 1,876. Real property, £1, 398. Pop., 131. Houses, 27. Jordanston House and Llangwarren are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £91. Patron, Sir J. Cockburn, Bart. The church is ancient.

Jordanston through time

Jordanston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Jordanston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Jordanston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6153

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Jordanston ".