In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Padbury like this:
PADBURY, a village and a parish in the district and county of Buckingham. The village stands on an eminence, near the river Ouse, and near the Buckinghamshire railway, 2½ miles S S E of Buckingham; and has abridge over the Ouse, and a post-office under Buckingham. The parish comprises 1, 900 acres. Real property, £4,000; of which £68 are on the railway . Pop. in 1851, 660; in 1861, 550. Houses, 136. The decrease of pop. was caused by demolition of houses, and by emigration. ...
The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to All Souls College, Oxford. A skirmish wasfought here, in 1643, between SirLucas and Col. Middleton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient and tolerable; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a low tower. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Padbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Aylesbury Vale. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Padbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Padbury, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Padbury".