Place:


Thornton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornton like this:

THORNTON, a parish in the district and county of Buckingham; 4½ miles ENE of Buckingham r. station-Post town, Stony-Stratford. Acres, 1,332. Real property, £2,252. Pop., 111. Houses, 17. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to the Hon. R. Cavendish. The living is a rectory, united with Nash, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £230. Patron, the Hon. R. Cavendish. The church is good.

Thornton through time

Thornton is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornton, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6085

Date accessed: 18th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornton ".