Place:


Knapwell  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knapwell like this:

KNAPWELL, a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; 3½ miles NE of Caxton, and 4½ SSW of Swavesey r. station. Post town, Elsworth, under St. Ives, Hunts. Acres, 2, 000. Real property, £719. Pop., 156. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Valne, £150. Patron, the Rev. David Craig. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1865. Charities, £8.

Knapwell through time

Knapwell is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Knapwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knapwell in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6074

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knapwell ".