In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cold Brayfield like this:
BRAYFIELD (Cold), a parish in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the river Ouse, 3½ miles E of Olney, and 7 W by S of Oakley r. station. Post Town, Turvey, under Bedford. Acres, 530. Real property, £1,280. Pop., 99. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Lavendon, in the diocese of Oxford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cold Brayfield has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Milton Keynes. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cold Brayfield and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cold Brayfield, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cold Brayfield".