Place:


Little Barford  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Barford like this:

BARFORD (Little), a parish in the district of St. Neot's and county of Bedford; on the river Ouse, and on the Great Northern railway, at the verge of the county, 3 miles S of St. Neot's. Post Town, St. Neot's. Acres, 1,188. Real property, £1,251. Pop., 91. Houses, 26. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £254.* Patron, W. Allington, Esq. The church is old but good. Charities, £7.

Little Barford through time

Little Barford is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Barford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Barford, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6055

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Barford ".