In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Rudham like this:
RUDHAM (East), a village and a parish in Docking district, Norfolk. The village stands 6¼ miles W of Fakenham r. station; and has a post-office under Brandon, and fairs on 17 May and 14 Oct. The parish comprises 4, 231 acres. Rated property, £3, 799. Pop., 956. Houses, 205. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with West Rudham, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £560.* Patron, Marquis Townshend. The church is good. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and a fuel allotment.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Rudham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Rudham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Rudham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Rudham".