Place:


Great Saughall  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Saughall like this:

SAUGHALL (Great), a township, with a scatteredvillage, in Shotwick parish, Cheshire; 4 miles N Wby W of Chester. It has a post-office under Chester. Acres, 1, 200. Real property, £2, 357. Pop., 545. Houses, l43. The manor belongs to H. B. Trelawney, Esq. There are three dissenting chapels, an endowed school, and charities £10.

Great Saughall through time

Great Saughall is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Saughall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Saughall, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6034

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Saughall ".