Place:


Capel le Ferne  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Capel le Ferne like this:

CAPEL-LE-FERNE, a parish in Dover district, Kent; on the coast, and on the Dover and Folkestone railway, 3 miles NE of Folkestone. Post Town, Folkestone. Acres, 1,736; of which 100 are water. Real property, £1,450. Pop., 193. Houses, 37. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Alkham, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a western tower; shows interesting internal features of early English; and contains a piscina, a sedilia, and a brass of 1526.

Capel le Ferne through time

Capel le Ferne is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Capel le Ferne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Capel le Ferne, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6027

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Capel le Ferne ".