Place:


Spreyton  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spreyton like this:

SPREYTON, a parish in Okehampton district, Devon; 2½ miles SSE of North Tawton r. station, and 7 ENE of Okehampton. Post town, Okehampton, North Devon. Acres, 3,606. Real property, £3,805. Pop., 358. Houses, 72. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £135.* Patron, the Rev. W. B. Doveton. The church is old but good.

Spreyton through time

Spreyton is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spreyton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spreyton in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6018

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spreyton ".