Place:


Long Ditton  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Long Ditton like this:

DITTON (Long), a village and a parish in Kingston district, Surrey. The village stands adjacent to the Southwestern railway, near Thames-Ditton r. station and the river Thames, 2¼ miles SSW of Kingston-upon-Thames. The parish includes also the hamlet of Talworth; and its post town is Kingston, under London, S. W. Acres, 2, 116. Real property, £6, 869. Pop., 1, 445. Houses, 274. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £474.* Patron, . New College, Oxford. The church is of brick, and modern.

Long Ditton through time

Long Ditton is now part of Kingston upon Thames district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kingston upon Thames has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Long Ditton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Long Ditton, in Kingston upon Thames and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6015

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Long Ditton ".