Place:


Marston Montgomery  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marston Montgomery like this:

MARSTON-MONTGOMERY, a village and a parish, in the district of Uttoxeter and county of Derby. Thc village stands 1¾ mile E of the river Dove at the boundary with Stafford, 2½ ESE of Rocester-Junction r. station, and 4¾ NE of Uttoxeter; is a scattered place; and has a post office under Ashborne. ...


The parish comprises 2,471 acres. Real property, £3,950. Pop., 405. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £140. Patron, the Rev. J. Greene. The church stands on an eminence; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6. s.

Marston Montgomery through time

Marston Montgomery is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Marston Montgomery itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marston Montgomery in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6014

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marston Montgomery ".