Place:


Coston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coston like this:

COSTON, a parish in Forehoe district, Norfolk; on the river Blackwater, adjacent to the Norfolk railway, 1½ mile S of Hardingham r. station, and 4½ NW of Wymondham. Post town, Wymondham. Acres, 342. Real property, £485. Pop., 58. Houses, 12. The property is nearly all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Runhall, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £103. Patron, alternately the Bishop of Norwich and the Earl of Kimberley. The church is good.

Coston through time

Coston is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coston in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6004

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coston ".