Place:


Ideford  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ideford like this:

IDEFORD, a village and a parish in Newton-Abbot district, Devon. The village stands on the side of Great Haldon hill, 2½ miles SE by E of Chudleigh, and 4½ NW of Teignmouth r. station; and has a post office under Newton-Abbot.—The parish comprises 1, 471 acres. Real property, £2, 002. Pop., 358. Houses, 74. The pro. perty is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £350.* Patron, the Rev. J. M. Hawker. The church has a pinnacled tower, and is good. Charities, £30.

Ideford through time

Ideford is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ideford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ideford, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5966

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ideford ".