Place:


Garthbrengi  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Garthbrengi like this:

GARTHBRENGY, a parish in the district and county of Brecon; on the river Honddu, 3 miles N of Brecon town and r. station. Post town, Brecon. Acres, 2, 001. Real property, £678. Pop., 162. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The surface rises. abruptly from the Honddu. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £102. Patron, the Bishop of St. Davids. The church is ancient; and the roof of it was recently in bad condition.

Garthbrengi through time

Garthbrengi is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Garthbrengi itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Garthbrengi, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5965

Date accessed: 22nd November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Garthbrengi ".