Place:


Sculthorpe  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sculthorpe like this:

SCULTHORPE, a parish, with a scattered village, in Walsingham district,-Norfolk; 2 miles N W of Fakenham r. station. Post-town, Fakenham. Acres, 2,055. Real property, £4, 352. Pop., 680. Houses, 149. The manor, with Cranmer Hall, belongs to Sir Willoughby Jones, Bart. There are corn mills, agricultural implement works, and a small foundry. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £550.* Patron, Sir W. Jones, Bart. The church is of the time of Edward III., was recently restored, and has a fine tower. There are a national school, and charities £8.

Sculthorpe through time

Sculthorpe is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sculthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sculthorpe in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5957

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sculthorpe ".