Place:


Curdridge  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Curdridge like this:

CURDRIDGE, a tything-chapelry in Bishops-Waltham parish, Hants; adjacent to the Gosford Junction railway, near Botley r. station, and 2 miles SSW of Bishops-Waltham. Post town, Botley, under Southampton. Real property, £1, 960. Pop., 534. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rector of Bishops-Waltham.

Curdridge through time

Curdridge is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Curdridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Curdridge, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5934

Date accessed: 21st July 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Curdridge ".