Place:


Thelbridge  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thelbridge like this:

THELBRIDGE, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; 5 miles NE of Morchard-Road r. station, and 8½ NNW of Crediton. Post town, Witheridge, under Morchard-Bishop, North Devon. Acres, 2,240. Real property, £1,788. Pop., 259. Houses, 53. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £198.* Patron, the Rev. S. Hosegood-The church is decorated English.

Thelbridge through time

Thelbridge is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thelbridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thelbridge in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5907

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thelbridge ".