Place:


St Weonards  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Weonards like this:

WEONARDS (St.), a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Ross district, Hereford. The village stands 6 miles SE of St. Devereux r. station, and 7 W by N of Ross; and has a post-office under Ross.—The parish comprises 4,536 acres. Real property, £4,708. Pop., 690. Houses, 141. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Llangarren. The church is Norman. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £20 a year, and a national school. --The sub-district contains 9 parishes. Acres, 19,809. Pop., 3,633. Houses, 760.

St Weonards through time

St Weonards is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Weonards itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Weonards in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5900

Date accessed: 21st January 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Weonards ".