Place:


Mundford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mundford like this:

MUNDFORD, a village and a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk. The village stands on the river Wissey, 4½ miles N N E of Brandon r. station; is a seat of petty sessions; and has a post-office‡ under Brandon, a goodinn, and a bridge. The parish comprises 2,050 acres. Real property, £1, 305. Pop., 376. Houses, 71. The property belongs mostly to Mrs. L. Stevens. There is an extensive nursery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £136.* Patron, Tidd Pratt, Esq. The church is a plain building with a tower. There is a free school.

Mundford through time

Mundford is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mundford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mundford, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5884

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mundford ".