Place:


Wootton  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wootton like this:

WOOTTON, a parish in Abingdon district, Berks; 3¼ miles NNW of Abingdon r. station. Post town, Abingdon. Acres, returned with Cumnor. Real property, £2,294. Pop., 384. Houses, 81. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to South Hinksey. The church is plain.

Wootton through time

Wootton is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wootton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wootton, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5868

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wootton ".