Place:


Billington  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Billington like this:

BILLINGTON, a chapelry in Leighton-Buzzard parish, Beds; on the river Ouse, and the Leighton and Luton railway, 2 miles SE of Leighton-Buzzard. Post Town, Leighton-Buzzard. Acres, returned with the parish. Real property, £2,345. Pop., 484. Houses, 102. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Ely. Value, £280.* Patrons, the Inhabitants. The church is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Billington through time

Billington is now part of South Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Billington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Billington in South Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5864

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Billington ".