Place:


Llanfihangel Ystrad  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Ystrad like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-YSTRAD, a village and a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan. The village stands near the river Ayron, 6½ miles SE of Aberayron, and 6½ NW of Lampeter r. station. The parish contains also the village of Capel; and its Post town is Lampeter, under Carmarthen. Acres, 7,467. ...


Real property, £4,287. Pop., 1,162. Houses, 264. The property is divided among a few. Remains of a Runic pillar are at Maes-Mynach. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Valne, £96. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is ancient and tolerable, and has an ancient font. There is an Independent chapel.

Llanfihangel Ystrad through time

Llanfihangel Ystrad is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Ystrad itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Ystrad, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5862

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Ystrad ".