Place:


Thorpe  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorpe like this:

THORPE, a parish, with a village, in the district of Windsor and county of Surrey; 1¾ mile NW of Chertsey r. station. It has a post-office under Chertsey. Acres, 1,495. Real property, £3,901. Pop., 552. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. T. Lee, T. House, T. Place, and Eastly End, are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £180.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century. There are a national school, and charities £10.

Thorpe through time

Thorpe is now part of Runnymede district. Click here for graphs and data of how Runnymede has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorpe, in Runnymede and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5832

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thorpe ".