Place:


Weasenham All Saints  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weasenham All Saints like this:

WEASENHAM-ALL SAINTS and W.-St. Peter, two parishes in Mitford district, Norfolk; 7½ and 6½ miles SW of Fakenham r. station. They have a post-office under Brandon. Acres, 1,988 and 1,423. Real property, £2,810 and £2,283. Pop., 360 and 320. Houses, 76 and 72. The manors belong to the Earl of Leicester. The livings are conjoint vicarages in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £378. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The churches are good; and there are two Methodist chapels, a national school, and a fuel allotment.

Weasenham All Saints through time

Weasenham All Saints is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weasenham All Saints itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weasenham All Saints, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5814

Date accessed: 20th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weasenham All Saints ".