Place:


Chelford  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chelford like this:

CHELFORD, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; on the river Peover, and on the Manchester and Crewe railway, 5 miles ESE of Knutsford. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Congleton. Acres, 290. Real property, £2, 318. Pop., 256. Houses, 40. The property is-divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £100.* Patron, J. Dixon, Esq. The church is in the early English style, and has a tower and spire.

Chelford through time

Chelford is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chelford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chelford, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5806

Date accessed: 11th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chelford ".