Place:


Kings Walden  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kings Walden like this:

KINGS-WALDEN., a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; near the boundary with Beds, 4 miles SSW of Hitchin, and 4¾ W by S of Stevenage r. station. Posttown, Whitwell, under Welwyn. Acres, 4, 180. Real property, £6, 621. Pop., 1, 183. Houses, 236. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to Earl Harold; passed to Peter de Valoines, the Nevilles, and others; and belongs now to CharlesHale, Esq. ...


Kings-Walden Park is the residence of G. W. Baker, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £82. Patron,C. Hale, Esq. The church is ancient, good, and handsome; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porch and tower. There are three schools, supported by Mr. Hale, and charities £11.

Kings Walden through time

Kings Walden is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kings Walden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kings Walden in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5801

Date accessed: 23rd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kings Walden ".