Place:


Fulmodeston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fulmodeston like this:

FULMODESTON-CUM-CROXTON, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 3 miles NE of Ryburgh r. station, and 4 E of Fakenham. Post town, Ryburgh, under Fakenham. Acres, 2, 333. Real property, £3, 282. Pop., 400. Houses, 87. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £460.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is ancient, but very good; and contains monuments of the Brownes and others. There is a chapel of ease at Croxton, also very good. Charities, inclusive of a fuel allotment, £69.

Fulmodeston through time

Fulmodeston is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fulmodeston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fulmodeston in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5780

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fulmodeston ".