Place:


Thornham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornham like this:

THORNHAM, a parish, with a village, in Docking district, Norfolk; on the coast, 4 miles E by N of Hunstanton r. station. It has a post-office under Lynn. Acres, 2,934; of which 780 are water. Real property, £5,044; of which £60 are in quarries. Pop., 728. Houses, 177. T. Hall, with most of the land, belongs to the Hogges. The living is a vicarage, united with Holme-next-the-Sea, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £420.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of N. and T. Ewen, Esq. There are two Methodist chapels, a Church-school, and charities £30.

Thornham through time

Thornham is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornham in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5778

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornham ".