Place:


North Tamerton  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Tamerton like this:

TAMERTON (North), a parish in the district of Holsworthy and county of Cornwall; on the river Tamar, 8 miles N by W of Launceston r. station. It has a post-office under Holsworthy, North Devon. Acres, 5,261. Real property, £2,865. Pop., 486. Houses, 87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a donative in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £230.* Patron, alternately Mrs. Smith and the Rev. R. G. Kingdon. The church was reported in 1859 as not good.

North Tamerton through time

North Tamerton is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Tamerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Tamerton in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5774

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Tamerton ".