Place:


Beckbury  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beckbury like this:

BECKBURY, a parish in Shiffnal district, Salop; on a tributary of the Severn, 4¼. miles SW of Albrighton r. station, and 5e S by E of Shiffnal. It has a post office under Shiffnal. Acres, 1,343. Real property, £2,140. Pop., 297. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese. of Hereford. Value, £350. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Beckbury through time

Beckbury is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beckbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beckbury, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5730

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beckbury ".