In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aston Eyre like this:
ASTON-EYRE, a township in Morvill parish, Salop; 4 miles W by N of Bridgnorth, Acres, 1,330. Pop., 85. Houses, 19. It forms a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Morvill.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aston Eyre has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bridgnorth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aston Eyre and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aston Eyre, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aston Eyre".