Place:


Temple  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Temple like this:

TEMPLE, a parish in Bodmin district, Cornwall; 7 miles NNE of Bodmin-Road r. station. Post town, Bodmin. Acres, 843. Real property, £197. Pop., 12. Houses, 3. The manor belonged to the Knights Templars. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £21. Patron, Sir B. Wrey, Bart. There is no church.

Temple through time

Temple is now part of North Cornwall district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Cornwall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Temple itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Temple in North Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5687

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Temple ".