Place:


Wymington  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wymington like this:

WYMINGTON, or Winnington, a parish in the district of Wellingborough and county of Bedford; 2 miles SE of Irchester r. station, and 3 S of Higham-Ferrers. Post town, Higham-Ferrers. Acres, 1,710. Real property, 2,248. Pop., 349. Houses, 75. The manor belongs to J. Goosey, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £190.* Patron, Dr. John Lee. The church is good, and has a tower and crocketted spire.

Wymington through time

Wymington is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wymington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wymington, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5676

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wymington ".