Place:


St Brides super Ely  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Brides super Ely like this:

BRIDES-SUPER-ELY (St.), a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the river Ely and the South Wales railway, 2 miles WNW of St. Fagans station, and 6 W by N of Cardiff. It has a post office, of the name of St. Brides, under Cardiff. Acres, 676. Real property, £935. Pop., 122. Houses, 28. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Michaelstone-super-Ely, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £195.* Patron, Mrs. Traherne. The church is good.

St Brides super Ely through time

St Brides super Ely is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Brides super Ely itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Brides super Ely in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5659

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Brides super Ely ".