In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norwood like this:
NORWOOD, a village, a precinct, and a chapelry in Hayes parish, Middlesex. The village stands adjacent to the Grand Junction canal, 1½ mile S S E of Southall r.station, and 3 W N W of Brentford; and is a large place. The precinct contains also the hamlets of Norwood-Green, Southall, and Southall-Green, and part of the hamlet of North Hyde; includes the Hanwell, the Southall Park, and Dr. ...
Horsburgh's lunatic asylums; and has a head post-office, ‡ of Southall, and a receiving post-office, of the name of Norwood-Green, under Southall. Real property, £15, 734. Pop. in 1851, 2, 693; in 1861, 4, 484. Houses, 418. The manor belongs to Mills, Esq.; Osterley Park, to the Earl of Jersey. Norwood House is the seat of W. Rush, Esq.; Norwood Lodge, of W. Unwin, Esq. The inmates in the lunatic asylums, at the census of 1861, were 1, 517 in the Hanwell, 39 in the Southall Park, and 18 in Dr. Horsburgh's. The chapelry of Norwood comprises all the precinct except the minor part, which forms the chapelry of Southall. Pop. in 1861, 4,010. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London. Value, £400.* Patron, the Rev. H. Worsley. The church is of the 15th century; was well restored in 1864; and has an interesting oakroof, and a curious wooden belfry. There are a freeschool and four alms-houses. The Marylebone parochial schools also are here; and, at the census of 1861, had397 inmates.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norwood, in Ealing and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Norwood ".